Enjoy cooking
Tried and tested recipes.
Home » , , » Chicken In Carrot Gravy Recipe

Chicken In Carrot Gravy Recipe

Written By bakinggncookingg on Sunday 29 April 2018 | 06:49


Carrot cake, carrot halwa (pudding) and now “Chicken in Carrot gravy”. Since chicken is the staple food at home, there is no option but to be innovative to shun monotony, both while cooking as well as when eating. Wherever and whenever I find any chicken recipe I just grab it with both hands to add to my collection of recipes.

Long back, on a lazy wintry afternoon I was hooked on to a Bengal TV cookery show when I came across this amazing preparation. Without any delay, I replicated the recipe the next day in my kitchen. Having full confidence in my memory I did not find it necessary to note down the step by step method. As a result after a few months, I started scratching my memory to remember all the ingredients and the procedure. Whether I missed out on one or two ingredients or skipped an odd step the final outcome was better than the previous one!

Serves: 4

Cooking Time: 45 minutes (approximately)


INGREDIENTS:

1. Chicken ... 4 pieces (I use whole leg cut into 2 pieces)

2. Carrot...150gm

3. Ginger... 1 tbsp

4. Tomato...1 large

5. Onion ... 1 large (finely chopped)

6. Green chillies...3-4 or according to taste

7. Kashmiri red chilli powder... ½ tsp

8. Corriander powder... ½ tsp

9. Garam masala powder... ¼ tsp

10. Chopped coriander... 2 tbsp

11. Cream...1 tbsp(optional)



METHOD:


1. Wash chicken properly.

2. Peel the carrot and cut into big pieces. Chop ginger and green chillies.

3. Put carrot, tomato and ginger into pressure cooker and cook for 2 minutes with little water.

4. Bring to room temperature and blend in a mixer to a fine paste.

5. Take a non-stick pan and put oil. Fry the chicken pieces till light brown.

6. In the same oil fry chopped onions till brown in colour.

7. Add green chillies and dry masala. Fry till oil separates.

8. Add the carrot paste and cook on high flame for 2 minutes. Reduce the flame and cover. Cook till chicken is tender. Take it off the fire.

9. Add coriander leaves and drizzle 1 tbsp of fresh cream for extra taste and richness.

10. Serve hot with naan or roomali roti.


Author’s Note:

1. Any chicken piece can be used. The boneless chicken will also taste good. Whole leg chicken is my personal preference!

2. Flavours of green chills and ginger is the dominant feature in the recipe.

3. Fresh red carrots should be used. Off-season cold storage carrots may not give the expected outcome!

4. Use of fresh cream is absolutely optional and only for decoration.

5. The smooth makhmali texture of this recipe is a treat to your eyes!





SHARE

About bakinggncookingg

"A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it." This quote describes me aptly. I am a hands on mom who entered the kitchen as a necessity after marriage with the sole cooking experience of making tea. Born in a Bengali family where emphasis was only on higher education we were actually discouraged to even enter the kitchen ! so naturally I grew up with a complete indifference to cooking which later on developed into aversion as I entered adulthood ! But the picture changed completely after marriage . Being married to a person whose profession demands lots of "khana & khilana" i was left with no other option but to set aside my aversion .... and over a period of two decades I didn't even come to know when it turned into my passion ..! But it's my children who extracted the best out of me! Their strong taste buds & particular likes & dislikes made this journey more challenging...& the saga continues.. A note of thanks to my dear friend without whose constant encouragement & threat this venture wouldn't have been possible ! Thanx buddy !

0 comments :