Enjoy cooking
Tried and tested recipes.
Home » , , , » Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake

Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake

Written By bakinggncookingg on Monday 5 March 2018 | 06:40

Dessert forms the most enthralling part of my cooking journey. Over a period of time I have experimented with countless varieties of desserts, both Indian as well as continental. Of all these dessert recipes, I feel Cheese Cake poses a real challenge! It took me long before I could muster the gumption of trying my hands on cheese cake. But once I mastered the technique it has never let me down.

Whenever I decide to make a dessert, my imagination is invariably inhibited by my children’s obsession with chocolate. Anything and everything they love, has to be served either with chocolate in it or topped with chocolate! This way my work becomes both simple as well as complicated at the same time. Simple because I do not have to exercise my brain much to choose from different varieties of desserts and complicated because I have to confine my imagination every time to one ingredient only!

 This particular recipe consists of two layers...one of course of chocolate and the other layer of hung curd and whipped cream. The base is of biscuit crust and is baked. Dark compound chocolate has been used for the chocolate layer and chocolate topping.






Serves...10

INGREDIENTS:

For The Crust:

1. 100 gm Marie Biscuit

2. 100 gm Digestive Biscuit

3. 50 gm melted butter.

4.4 tbsp powdered sugar.


Cheese Cake:

1. 50 gm unsalted butter, softened.

2. Hung curd of 1 litre  full cream milk.

3. 1 1/2 powdered sugar.

4. 3 tbsp gelatin, Soaked in ¼ cup of water mixed with 3 tsp of lemon juice.

5. 100 gm of dark chocolate in room temperature.

6. 100 ml of whipped cream.






METHOD:

1. Mix the crushed biscuits with melted butter and sugar carefully. Press into a 8” loose bottomed tin. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes.

2. Whip cream till stiff.

3. Beat butter with sugar till smooth.  Add hung curd and whipped cream. Beat well but slowly if using an electric blender.

4. Put gelatin in ¼ cup of water. Put it on a double boiler and mix well. Add lemon juice and stir well.

5. Add the gelatin mixture with the hung curd and cream mixture and mix it very well.

6. Break chocolate into small pieces. Put in a micro proof bowl along with ¼ cup of water. Microwave it till chocolate melts and stir it well.

7. Divide the mixture into two parts. In one part add half of the chocolate and keep the other half as it is.

8. Pour the chocolaty curd cream mixture on the biscuit base and chill in the freezer for an hour.

9. Remove from freezer and pour remaining white curd cream mixture on it and chill for another 30-40 min.

10. Once it is set take it out from freezer and pour the remaining melted chocolate over it. Now refrigerate again until it sets.






This particular cheese cake is very creamy in texture and the chocolate mingled with curd and cream gives a very different taste altogether. Its smooth and soft texture makes it possible to cut it with a spoon without much effort.

Disclaimer:  Long back I found this recipe in one of Neeta Mehta’s cookbooks, but after first try I dared to deviate from the main recipe and made the necessary changes according to my imagination. Hope you will enjoy 😊







SHARE

About bakinggncookingg

"A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it." This quote describes me aptly. I am a hands on mom who entered the kitchen as a necessity after marriage with the sole cooking experience of making tea. Born in a Bengali family where emphasis was only on higher education we were actually discouraged to even enter the kitchen ! so naturally I grew up with a complete indifference to cooking which later on developed into aversion as I entered adulthood ! But the picture changed completely after marriage . Being married to a person whose profession demands lots of "khana & khilana" i was left with no other option but to set aside my aversion .... and over a period of two decades I didn't even come to know when it turned into my passion ..! But it's my children who extracted the best out of me! Their strong taste buds & particular likes & dislikes made this journey more challenging...& the saga continues.. A note of thanks to my dear friend without whose constant encouragement & threat this venture wouldn't have been possible ! Thanx buddy !

0 comments :